OK, I managed to mess up the network settings on my Vocore. Oh well, it happens. It's not too bad... the device was still booting up and running... but was not accessible by Wi-Fi or by plugging in a network cable. So it's back to a good old serial connection. This is what I have done:
I've used a USB to Serial 3.3v TTL cable that I already had, and then just poked some jumper wires into the right places. Surprisingly it seems good enough. Anyway, in case I need to do this again, I thought that it would be worth taking a photo. I'm using PuTTY on a Windows box as the terminal. The settings I'm using are:
- Speed: 57600
- Data bits: 8
- Stop bits: 1
- Parity: None
- Flow control: XON/XOFF
I connected the USB-to-serial cable first, then opened the connection using PuTTY. You then have a blank terminal screen. Then I connect the power to the Vocore, and you get to see all the logging information as the device boots. After a couple of minutes I press enter in the terminal and end up with the usual OpenWrt startup screen. After that you can use the console like normal. Anyway, it's handy to have that written down somewhere, because I'll probably break it again at some point. But I can report that I was able to fix the network config and things are back to normal now. Phew.